Hello everyone! This is a friendly reminder that any of these fun places we may visit, we are a guest at. Please treat both businesses and trails with the utmost respect. We here at Hidden San Diego follow the 'Leave no Trace' mantra, meaning whatever you bring with you comes back with you. If you see trash on a trail, please do your part to help remove it. Remember, we are not picking up trash from another person but instead cleaning up for Mother Nature. Happy adventures!

17111 Whirlwind Ln. Ramona, CA 92065

33.1126252093, -116.669648110

Dog-Friendly: Yes    Kid-Friendly: Yes

Website   Instagram  YouTube    Open 24/7

Mini Barn Market

About Mini Barn Market

One of my favorite kinds of places to visit are family-run farm stands.  It is such a cool concept and so inspiring to see people making the ultimate use of their spaces. Growing delicious food and then sharing it in creative ways with the public is definitely the way to go!

Mini Barn Market was such a wonderful surprise to learn about.  Located in the windy back-hills of Ramona, the drive to the 4 acre farm stand is almost as exciting as the actual destination. So much beauty!

I am extremely passionate about supporting local farmers who use sustainable and organic practices in their farming. There are also a lot of studies proving the health benefits of eating foods that are in season to your region and the positive effects it has on our bodies.

While you’re in the area, make sure to visit Dos Picos Park nearby!

When you’re buying directly from your local farmer who is growing it in their backyard, you can be rest-assured it is as seasonal as it gets!  Buying local is one of the best ways to keep the money within your community.

What they carry

I was told that 60% of the items sold at Mini Barn Market are grown, produced and crafted by the couple, Cory & Carissa.  The other 40% are from other local farmers, homesteaders and crafters.  Since everything is seasonal, expect new inventory every time you visit!

Some of the items we saw were homemade relishes, fresh eggs, dried herbs, organic toys, premium cutlery, baked goods, handmade jewelry, all natural beauty products, homegrown mushrooms, produce and much more!

They sell bags carrying a variety of mushrooms they grow on their property:

Their farm:

We got the opportunity to visit their farm, meet the animals and see where the food is grown.  To say this is a remarkable property would be an understatement!

All of the structures, such as their barn, chicken coop and greenhouse were built by Cory.  He has a background in engineering and a passion for learning new skills and practicing them at a high level.

The structures are all hand-designed by him and automated to create optimal conditions within each structure. Here’s a shot of the couple:

It is very clear that a lot of love goes into their property.

The birds were so sweet and happy.  I’m a big believer that a happy chicken creates a tasty egg!

Please note that the farm stand is open 24/7 and on an honesty policy (also with a ton of cameras).  You can literally show up whenever to stock up on fresh goods!

Subscribe to our E-mail Newsletter


0 Reviews

Rating 0
Overall Rating 0
Difficulty Finding 0

0 Reviews

Write a Review